This week was definitely devoted to learning…. It was pretty much the theme of our week and I have always thought that if you don’t try you’ll always wonder what might of been…
1. Do not go to the zoo on a holiday. I am. It sure why I thought we should embrace our zoo membership and go on Monday (Presidents’ Day). Kids are out of school and it was raining which was not great. The plus side was Justin was with us and we managed to see a couple of things and then head out in about 30 minutes (fish, monkeys, penguins, and flamingos)… success in our books
2. When it comes to ice cream cone cake pops… Do not make the cake balls too big or they won’t sit right on the ice cream cones… I learned this after I had done all of the chocolate so the vanilla ones turned out way better.
3. Last thing… we attempted was breakfast for dinner last night. I tried out this recipe for drop biscuits. I omitted the cream of tartar (Marcy, I think of you every time I see this word FYI 😊) and they were terrible… so bland and blah… Anyone have any suggestions? I have a great buttermilk biscuit recipe but I wanted to make something easier last night and it was no good.
Have a great weekend!
This week was a very Valentine’s filled week (as seen in the collage above). Justin made heart shaped pancakes with this recipe (our only change to it is he adds a teaspoon of vanilla extract.) We froze a bunch of them which is great for easy breakfast for R. My mom watched R for us on Tuesday which was wonderful because Justin and I went out for lunch at our fav, Matt’s Bar. It’s hard to bring R there because it does take some time to get the food so this was a treat. We munched on heart shaped cookie cake and heart shaped pizza throughout the week… really I can’t think of anything better. I think the highlight though for R was the red Mylar balloon we got him. He ❤s it so much. He keeps calling it bamoon (l’s are hard.) He drags it all over the house. I’m looking forward to seeing some friends the next few days and possibly taking R to the zoo next week.
Lots of ❤
This past weekend I met my pal Alli for brunch at Hola Arepa. We each agreed that it truly is amazing to sit down and have a meal together without kids and get to talk and hear what’s been been going on in each other’s lives. I’ve been there for dinner and really like the beef and plantain Arepa but I had never been for brunch. Let me tell you the brunch menu rocks. We split two dishes.
Fried Chicken and Cachapas
On a completely different note let’s play a game… Can you tell the difference between these two pictures?
There are probably a couple differences but the big one is the coffee table is gone… R has decided his favorite thing to do now is climb on the coffee table and pull himself to standing and then proceed to march on the table… Alas the cofffee table is on vacation (moved to downstairs) until we get past this crazy climbing phase… The plus side there is tons of room for dancing and playing.
One more thing that I love that Galina suggested is we have brought a step stool out and placed it next to the couch… It helps R get up on the couch which is great because he is constantly moving and it’s nice to let him do stuff like this himself.
Any great suggestions for a child who loves to climb?
Also where are your favorite places to brunch?
(❤Valentine’s Day 2016❤)
It’s February! I feel like I am in a small group when it comes to loving this month… I give credit to my mom majorly because she started me at a young age loving all the hearts and everything… I’m rambling though…. I’ve decided to make this edition of Friday Favs targeted towards all things associated with Valentine’s Day… Also I am not calling this a gift giving guide for spouses bfs/gfs… Justin does not like this holiday so I never count on him to be into it… I am making it more about R and me… plus I think that it is perfectly acceptable to shower ones self with lots of ❤.
1. Books- I have bought a couple for R.
Love this one
2. Decorations- When R gets older we will go crazy with these… for now I just have these on the mantle.
3. Pink and Red stuff- I’m obsessed with the Polaroid Snap Touch Digital Camera. I really like the red one (hint hint… to myself… let’s be honest 😂) Also all of the cute Valentine’s Day stuff at William Sonoma and these socks from Woven Pear (love this brand, especially living in Minnesota where you take your shoes off all the time.. it’s fun to have cute socks) and this ❤sweatshirt.
4. Cards- one day I will get my act together around Valentine’s Day and be organized and send a cute family photo card via Shutterfly or something but alas this is not the year… Also I must say there are some super cute valentine card sets out there: this one, these, and last these dinos.
5. Restaurant ideas- I would highly suggest to my fellow Minnesotans since Valentine’s Day is on a Thursday this year… take advantage of Cafe Lurcat Sunday Date Night. It’s a wonderful deal, beautiful atmosphere and great food… we haven’t been in a while but I imagine it’s still good… when all else fails though and your home with kiddos like us… I would suggest a heart shaped pizza… I found out that Giordanos is selling heart shaped from Friday, February 10 through Friday,February 17. You can even order it parbaked and finish in your oven… which we have done a couple times and it’s great. Dessert is my jam and I do love to bake but, a cookie cake from Mrs. Fields in a heart shape (my favorite dessert) would be fun to have with family and/or friends too.
(Homemade heart cake pops … Valentine’s Day before R)
Sending lots of ❤