We are in the car and on our way to Atlanta to hang out with our family and friends there. Justin is driving and I’m in the back with the little guy as he snores softly. We flew into Atlanta on Wednesday afternoon and drove straight to Birmingham to spend some time with my dad and friends. My Friday favs for this week are going to be Alabama themed (my home town🙂).
1. Zoe’s Kitchen- I can’t tell you how long it’s been in Birmingham…I think when I was in high school… Anyways they have my favorite Greek salad. They hide their delicious vinaigrette based potato salad at the bottom and pile lettuce, caramelize onions, feta, tomatoes, and grilled chicken on top. We met my dad for lunch here. Little guy enjoyed a side of potato salad and some giggles with his Poppie (his grandfather).
2. Steel City Pops– Our friends, Ben and Jennifer and their adorable kiddos introduced us to this place last night. Omg… I loved it! Homemade Popsicles… Yum 😋 I had a toasted marshmallow one. Justin had a mango popsicle and he shared a lick with the little guy. I loved the expression that he gave us when he tried it. The mango was a little tart and he puckered his lips a bit… Ahh so stinkin cute!
3. Olive Branch- When Justin and I were planning our trip to Birmingham he told me we had to make a stop here for gyros. When we lived in Birmingham I think we ate here at least once a week. Always we ordered the same thing… Gyros with extra taziki sauce. I think it’s safe for me to speak for both of us and say the gyros were just as good as we remembered. An added bonus… we were able to meet up with our friends who got to meet the little guy for the first time. These are friends that I’ve know my whole life and it was so special to get to introduce my little one to them.❤️❤️❤️
Little Guy ❤️s- We grabbed him a new toy yesterday while we were walking around the Homewood area. We went to Homewood Toy & Hobby and found him the coolest football made by Oball in the best colors: red and white! Roll Tide 🐘❤️
Hope your weekend is full of sunshine and smiles. 😎☀️
I’m not going to lie I had to look at my google calendar to remember all that has happened this past week. It’s a whirlwind of getting back to the gym, baby story time, 9 month doctor appointment, and some family time thrown in there too!
Did we cook this week (help Justin… I can’t remember… which means probably no)?
My pal, Galina brought me the most amazing salami which I ❤️and so does Justin. We managed to make our own version of an egg mcmuffin for lunch on Tuesday with the salami. I whipped it up and with no recipe. His and hers and of course the cholula is in the picture because it makes everything taste better.
I had high hopes of whipping up some hamantashen this week but nope that did not happen. I have a couple different recipes I would love to test out. I think I will probably end up making them in April when our lives are less crazy. Maybe I can fashion them into circles and just call them special cookies…I’ll keep you updated on how that all turns out.
Random items bought this week: Little guy is growing out of his clothes at rapid speed.A couple of weeks ago I was shown the toddler section at Gap Kids and I literally had to fight back tears. Where did my baby go? I ended up ordering him two sweatshirt zip ups in size 2 years… Eek
Little guy 💚s: Leo, our dog…It is one of the cutest things to watch. They are best buds and have been since we brought him home from the hospital in June. Justin and I watch them often and can’t get over how lucky we are that Leo is so great with him. He shares his toys with Leo and Leo shares his toys with him.
It’s hard to pick just one of the two of them.
Happy Friday Everyone! Hope your weekend is relaxing and fun. 😊
It seems lately like the weeks are flying by and I know I probably say it a lot. Maybe it’s because the little guy is almost 9 months old and the naps are shorter and the time he is active is longer. My favs this week is a short list but I promised to only share the best with you guys… So here goes:
Recipes: We have made quite a lot of meatballs… These are quite delish. The combo of ricotta, cinnamon, and orzo really rocks! We did dried basil instead of fresh and served them with a side of steamed broccoli instead of pasta.
Ricotta and Cinnamon Meatballs
Items Bought: This week we said bye bye to cable. I did a little research and signed us up for sling tv. When you sign up for 3 months in advance you can get a Roku 3 for half off… Also we have Netflix, Hulu, and HBO now. Justin grabbed us a digital antenna too. I’m still getting used to the change. The biggest thing is no more dvr.
Little man 💚s: As he gets older it seems like he is really interested in everything that is not a toy (iPhone, tv remote, etc). My mom brought over this Fisher Price remote and he loves it. Some of the phrases are kind of crazy and so Justin and I are getting a good laugh at it.
Hope your Friday is awesome!
This will be short and sweet…. Little guy is napping in his crib and I doubt he’ll sleep much longer. I wanted to share two of my favorite Twin Cities restaurants. I’m not originally from Minnesota (born in Alabama) and often refer to myself as a transplant… It’s easier to say that these restaurants are just in the Twin Cities because if I try and describe where I’m sure I’ll fumble 😊
1. Dong Hae Korean Grill -I love this place. They have great lunch specials and their bibimbap is delicious. Its fun also to try all the little dishes that come with this dish. My favorite is the kimchee. Also love their dumplings.
2. 4 Bells – I cannot say enough good things about this place. I went here for dinner with some girlfriends last week. I got the fried chicken salad and omg it’s AMAZING (definitely worth typing in caps). You will want to shout from the rooftops after you eat this it’s so good. I can’t wait to go back here.
Hope y’all are having a wonderful weekend!
I’m blogging this super fast as little one sleeps in the car in his convertible car seat and I’m parked in our driveway. 🙂
I can’t believe it’s already Friday. I feel like this week has flown by… Here are some things we loved this week.
Roasted Beet and Pan Fried Goat Cheese Salad
Recipes- I think I am craving spring… I made two different salads this week and if you know me you know I am not really a salad person but, these salads have some pizzazz to them so they met requirements for being salads I would eat. One of them called for pan fried goat cheese and Justin doesn’t do goat cheese so I brainstormed the cheeses he would eat and decided on feta. The other salad was a pretty basic salad with a homemade Dijon vinaigrette and topped with crispy polenta croutons. Also I am pretty proud of myself because I remembered to snap pictures of both of them.
Crispy Polenta Croutons
Little Man 💚s- Today I went to a mom group meet up and got asked about the fleece poncho I was wearing in with the little guy hidden under it. This poncho/blanket/hooded thing rocks… One of the mamas in my Amma group walked in wearing it a couple months ago and we all were like where did you get this it’s so cute and practical. It’s called the Lucky Baby Carrier Cover.
My little guy is currently snuggled up with his and sleeping soundly. 😴
Usually I would also blog about what I’m loving but I am going to do a separate post of this hopefully on Sunday.
Hope your weekend is fantastic.