I posted a picture of some granola I made yesterday and received some requests for the recipe. This granola is pretty easy to put together. You can really add anything in you like. I get all of my ingredients at Trader Joe’s. They have a great variety of nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. I hadn’t made it in a long time and Justin requested it. He loves to eat it with some vanilla yogurt in the morning. I keep a copy of this recipe on my phone in the Evernote app. I ❤️ this app. I use the free subscription. I have a whole notebook of recipes at my fingertips. It keeps me super organized.
2 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
1 cup shelled pistachios, unsalted
1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3⁄4 cup dried fruit or mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pistachios, coconut, pumpkin seeds, salt and cinnamon.
2. In a small saucepan set over low heat, warm the sugar, maple syrup and olive oil until the sugar has just dissolved, then remove from heat. Stir liquid into the mixture of oats, making sure to coat the dry ingredients well.
3. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread granola over it. Bake until dry and lightly golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
I found this photo on Instagram. I’m all about hitting the gym 3 times a week for not only my health but sanity. I do intervals on the treadmill for 35 minutes and I don’t love it immensely while I am doing it, but afterwards I am always glad I went. I have 3 things that are a must for me when I head to the gym.
1. My headband… I am one of those people that does not glisten at the gym. I sweat like a volcano which is not cute but the truth. Sweaty Bands keep my wispy hairs out of my face and keep the sweat out of my face too. I have been using them for years and I love them. I throw them in a lingeree bag and wash them with my gym clothes and I let them air dry.
2. My water bottle… I have to have water at the gym. Also I am my mom’s child and I hate when water glasses or water bottles sweat (I’m a nut). Polar Bottles do not sweat and are great in my opinion. They are insulated too. A year ago we stopped buying bottle water. Justin and I have our own water bottles and we try to fill them up a couple times a day.
3. My shoes… I am a firm believer in if you invest in good shoes they can make your work out experience much better. I have tried a variety of shoes and for me the best ones are Brooks. I wear the Ravennas. I tried them out about 3 years ago when a friend recommended them. They have just the right amount of support for my feet.
What are your work out must haves?
Can you believe it’s 2016? I am still amazed… I feel like November and December flew by. I promised to blog more as one of my New Year resolutions so let’s do this…. My favorite things right now are:
1. The gift labels I just ordered from Erin Condren (picture above). I can’t wait to attach this to the next gift I give. I had bought gift labels a couple of years ago with Justin and my name but now I get to add Ross to the mix and I could not be more excited.
2. My woven pear socks are the most comfy and cute. I live in Minnesota… It’s cold here and when you go to someone’s home you have to take your shoes off. These socks come in a gazillion different prints and they are so comfy and cute!
3. Last thing and it’s banana bread… I’m always on the hunt for a good recipe. Justin would agree with me that Bobby Flay has a delicious banana bread recipe. I nix the pecan butter and I toss mini chocolate chips in the bread. Soooo good
What are you loving in 2016?
Happy Friday 😀